Want some help translating #Instafame into classroom and dinner table #digitalliteracy exercises?
1) Students will review celebrity branding and representation in social media and the impact it's having on youths' social media posting behaviour. They will explore the impact and pros and cons for individual and audience.
2) Students will explore how their peers represent themselves online vs offline. They will explore the impact of cyber-bullying, family monitoring of social media postings and future career prospects.
3) Students will explore how they brand themselves. What lessons can be learned from “Hollywood” celebrities and “online” celebrities? As a class they will develop a school-wide campaign sharing positive self-branding tips.
1) Students will review social media platforms and posting behaviours amongst youth.
2) Students will explore social media trends and popular social media campaigns involving celebrities, brands and the general public. Students will explore how young people and companies use social media for personal gain vs promoting social justice issues.
3) Students will explore community issues of importance to them and then break into groups to design a social media campaign.